Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Word of God

Encouragement When Sick or Suffering

O Lord my God. I cried out to you for help, and you helped me.
Psalm 30:2

If you sick, call for the church leaders. Have them pray for you and anoint you with olive oil in the name of the Lord. (Prayers offered in faith will save those who are sick, and the Lord will cure them.) If you have sinned, you will be forgiven. So admit your sin to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed.
Prayers offered by those who have God’s approval are effective.
James 5:14-16

The Lord will support him on his sickbed. You will restore this person to heath when he is ill.
Psalm 41:3

Now that we have God’s approval because of faith, we have peace with God because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done. Through Christ we can approach God and stand in his favor. So we brag because of our confidence that we will receive glory from God. But that’s not all. We also brag when we are suffering. We know that suffering creates endurance, endurance creates character, and character creates confidence. We’re not ashamed to have this confidence, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Romans 5:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul! Praise his holy name, all that is within me. Praise the Lord, my soul, and never forget all the good he has done: He is the one who forgives all your sins, the one who rescues your life from the pit, the one who crowns you with mercy and compassion, the one who fills your life with blessings so that you become young again like an eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5

But he [Christ] told me, “My kingdom is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.” So I will brag even more about my weakness in order that Christ’s power will live in me. Therefore, I accept weakness, mistreatment, hardship, persecution, and difficulties suffered for Christ. It’s clear that when I’m weak, I’m strong
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

He [the Lord] is the healer of the brokenhearted. He is the one who bandages their wounds.
Psalm 147:3

In the evening the people brought him[Jesus] many who were possessed by demons. He forced the evil spirits out of people with a command and cured everyone who has sick. So what the prophet Isaiah had said came true: "He took away our weaknesses and removed our diseases."
Matthew 8:16-17

No comments: