Thursday, May 7, 2009

Encouragement When Afraid of Death

Jesus said to her, "I am the one who brings people back to
life, and I am life itself. Those who believe in me will live even if
they die. Everyone who lives and believes in me will never die..."
John 11:25-26
Brothers and sisters, we don't want you to be ignorant
about those who have died. We don't want you to grieve like
other people who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and
came back to life. We also believe that, through Jesus, God will
bring back those who have died. They will come back with
Jesus. So then, comfort each other with these words!
1Thessalonians 4:13-14, 18
My sheep respond to my voice, and I {Jesus} know who they
are. They follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will
never be lost, and no one will tear them away fom me.
John 10:27-28
He [our Lord Jesus Christ] died for us so that, whether we are
awake in this life or asleep in death, we will live together with him.
1Thessalonians 5:10
"Death, where is your victory?
Death, where is your sting?"
Sin gives death its sting, and God's standards give sin its
power. Thank God that he gives us the victory through our Lord
Jesus Christ.
1Cprinthians 15:55-57
After these things I saw a large crowd from every nation,
tribe, people, and language. No one was able to count how many
people there were. They were standing in front of the throne and
the lamb. They were wearing white robes, holding palm branch-
es in their hands. One of the leaders asked me,"Who are these
people wearing white robes, and where did they come from?"
I answered him, "Sir, you know."
Then he told me,
"These are the people who are coming
out of the terrible suffering.
They have washed their robes
and made them white in the blood of the lamb.
That is why they are in front of the throne of God.
They serve him day and night in his temple.
The one who sits on the throne will spread
his tent over them.
They will never be hungry or thirsty agin.
Neither the sun nor any burning heat will
ever overcome them.
The lamb in the center near the throne will be
their shepherd.
He will lead them to springs filled with the
water of life,
and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."
Revelations 7:9, 13-17

No comments: