Thursday, April 30, 2009

Encouragement When Facing Difficult Times

"Call on me {the Lord} in times of trouble,
I will rescue you, and you will honor me."
Psalm 50:15
Have pity on me, O God. Have pity on me,
because my soul takes refuge in you.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until destructive storms pass by.
I call to God Most High,
to the God who does everything for me.
He sends his help from heaven and saves me....
Psalm 57:1-3
My brothers and sisters, be very happy when you are tested in
different ways. You know that such testing fo your faith produces
endurance. Endure until your testing is over. Then you will be
mature and complete, and you won't need anything.
James 1:2-4
Trust him at all times, you people.
Pour out your hearts in his presence.
God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:8
We must continue to hold firmly to our declaration of faith.
The one who made the promise is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23
The Lord is my shepherd.
I am never in need.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside peaceful waters.
He renews my soul.
He guides me along the paths of righteousness
for the sake of his name.
Even though I walk through the dark valley of death,
because you are with me, I fear no harm.
Your rod and your staff give me courage.
Y ou prepare a banquet for me while my
enenies watch.
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup everflows.
Certainly, goodness and mercy will stay
close to me all the days of my life,
and I will remain in the LORD'S house
for days without end.
Psalm 23
Listen to my cry for help, O God.
Pay attention to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth, I call to you
when I begin to lose heart.
Lead me to the rock that is high above me.
You have been refuge,
a tower of strength against the enemy.
I would like to be a guest in your tent forever
and to take refuge under the protection
of your wings.
Psalm 61:1-4

No comments: