Thursday, April 30, 2009

Encouragement When Facing Difficult Times cont....

The Lord is good.
He is a fortress in the day of trouble.
He knows those who seek shelter in him.

Nahum 1:7

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My souls thirsts for God, for the living God.
When may I come to see God's face?
My tears are my food day and night.
People ask me all day long. "Where is your God?"

Why are you discouraged, my soul?
Why are you so restless?
Put your hope in God,
because I will still praise him.
He is my saviour and my God.

Psalm 42:1-3,5

The LORD"S eye are on righteous people.
His ears hear their cry for help.
Righteous people cry out.
The LORD hears and rescues them from
all their troubles.
The LORD is near to those whose hearts are humble.
He saves those spirits are crushed.
The righteous person has many troubles,
but the LORD rescues hin from all of them.
The LORD protects the souls of his servants.
All who take refuge in him will never be condemned.

Psalm 34:15, 17-19, 22

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in times of trouble.
That is why we are not afraid
even when the earth quakes
or the mountains topple into the depths of the sea.
Water roars and foams,
and mountains shake at the surging waves.

There is a river
whose streams bring joy to the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High lives.
God is in that city.
It cannot fall.
God will help it at the break of dawn.
Nations are in turmoil, and kingdoms topple.
The earth melts at the sound of God's voice.

The LORD of Armies is with us.
The God of Jacob is our stronghold.

Come, see the works of the LORD,
the devastation he has brought to the earth.
He puts an end to wars all over the earth.
He breaks and archer's bow.
He cuts spears in two.
He burns chariots.
Let go of your concerns!
Then you will know that I am God.
I rule the nations.
I rule the earth.

The LORD of Armies is with us.
The God of Jacob is our stronghold.

Psalm 46

The LORD is my light and my salvation.
Who is there to fear?
The LORD is my life's fortress.
Who is there to be afraid of?
I have asked one thing from the LORD.
This I will seek:
to remain in the LORD'S house all the days of my life
in order to gaze at the LORD'S beauty
and to search for an answer in his temple.
Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud.
Have pity on me, and answer me.

Psalm27:1, 4, 7

The Lord will rescue me from all harm and will take me safe-
ly to his heavenly kingdom. Glory belongs to him forever! Amen.

2Timothy 4:18

"I've told you this so that my peace will be with you. In the
world you'll have trouble. But cheer up! I{Jesus} have overcome
the world."

John 16:33

God our father loved us and by his kindness gave us everlast-
ing encouragement and good hope.

2Thessalonians 2:16

No comments: